La Pérouse hotel is also a story before its construction. Here, before 1993, stood the only house in the neighborhood, it was a trade in corks and cork “La Bouchonnerie Nantaise”. Between the house and the building next door was “the lane of small walls” and the Place des Petits Murs was dedicated to the parking of buses that transported Nantes between the outskirts and the city center of Nantes (and even from Saint-Nazaire, where strange tourists arrived by boat!). The Cours des 50 otages, just in front of the hotel, used to be a river bed, where the Erdre flowed into the Loire. It was the border between medieval Nantes and the more recent Graslin area, built in the 18th century. The infilling work started in March 1938.